***This just in....Due to the track conditions and the anticipated weather forecast for the upcoming weekend - race events scheduled for this upcoming weekend June 1st and 2nd have been postponed. The new dates for the Race For Life and the State Qualifier are July 20 & 21st 2013. The times are posted on the calendar section of the website.***
The 2013 race schedule has been posted in the "Schedule" tab of the website. Can-Am BMX will be open in May. Most practices will be on Thursday evenings from 6-9pm and most races will be on Saturday evenings from 6-9pm. As a reminder: this a volunteer run track. The schedule is designed for working parents and what times they have available to commit to volunteer at the track throughout the summer months. We are always open to ideas and are more than willing to change things if there are more committed volunteers. We are looking forward to a great season :)
Thank you to those who have been out at our track this season so far. For thoses who have not been out to Can-Am there have been changes which include the addition of a ton of clay and a pretty agressive track. We also have a small strider track next door for our newer and little riders.
We would also like to thank our sponsors who without their help we would not be able to keep this track open. If you would like to help us out we are a 501(c) (3) and 509(a)(2) so donations are tax deductible. Please contact, one of the members at Can-Am BMX if you would like to find out more information about donating or sponsoring Can-Am BMX Racing so we can keep Can-Am running for future riders.
We have new riders at Can-Am looking to purchase used BMX gear. If you have unwanted/used BMX gear that you would like to sell, we have a rack outside the registration building to hang your items on that are for sale.....please recycle.
A need for Volunteers at our track if you have a spare minute please...
Our track can always use some help!!! If you can donate time and you are available to lend a helping hand, please give John Burnette at 810-310-1491.
Thank you for racing at our track. We understand it gets muddy once the rain hits and we thank you for being so patient. Shout out to the Brad & West Greer for bringing new riders out to Can-Am. We do thank you! Also, thank you to B&W Bicycles for doing our bike inspections for the race. B&W Bicycle is located at 1661 Range Road in Kimball, MI 48074 (Port Huron Factory Outlet Mall) and is there for all your bicycle needs. Call Brad @810-488-0076 or West @ 810-488-0079.
~Our schedule is: Most Thursday evenings from 6 - 9pm for practice and most Saturday evenings we race@6pm. Registraion is from 5-6pm. Please check out the "Schedule" tab on the website for more details.~
Can-Am BMX Dog Tags!
Custom Can-Am BMX dog tags are now for sale! Show your pride and order your set now! All profits from the sales support Can-Am BMX.
$12.00 per set OR 2 sets for $20.00
$15.00 per set OR 2 sets for $25.00
Download form to order yours NOW!
Would you rather have them shipped directly to you?
Please fill out this form
Did you know.....
We sell vinyl graphics for you car??? We have two different sizes and 4 color choices. Again, all proceeds from the vinyl graphics sales go right back to the track! so please take a look at them the next time you are up at the track and get your own so you can proudly display our new Can-Am logo which promotes our track and helps us out financially, too! Special thanks to my friend, Joel for making the vinyl graphics for Can-Am and for designing and donating this awesome website to Can-Am BMX Racing. We can not thank you enough and hope you can make it up to our track one night so our riders can personally thank you for all you have done for us!
- What does it cost?
- 2013 Pricing: Local Races fee: $7-points only with valid USA BMX membership and $10-Points+Trophy
- or Can-Am racing plaques were available for purchase if you prefer. Plaques are $30. Practice fee for 2013: $5
- How can sign up?
- You may sign up at any practice or race. Just bring a parent and a copy of your birth certificate (to verify your age) to be sent to the USA BMX. Some sections can be blacked out for your protection.
- Can I try without joining?
- You may ride the track on a day only basis during practice if your parents accompany you and sign a waiver of liability.
- What equipment will I need to ride the track?
- You will need a full face helmet, long pants, long sleeved shirt, closed toe shoes, and a bike (BMX race style is prefered but we can make any BMX style or youth bike work). Non-required options include: gloves, elbow pads, knee pads, and a chest protector.
- Can I get equipment I need at the track?
- Some bikes and helmets are avaialable on a first come basis. Be sure to wear long pants and a long sleeve shirt. Bring gloves and have fun!
- What are the Race/Practice time(s)?
- Practices are from 6-9 pm Thursday evenings & Races are from 6-9pm Saturday evenings with registration from 5-6pm for 2012.
- What if I can not race every day?
- You may race as often or as seldom as your schedule permits. You pay only when you show up for a practice or race. Also, with your USA BMX membership, you may race or practice at other USA BMX sanctioned tracks.
- Who will I race against?
- You will race against riders of your own age and ability from ages 3-63. Riders are divided into 3 main classes: Rookies, Novices, and Experts. The Rookie class is made to help a rider learn the techniques of BMX racing. As a rider gains experience, they will move up to the next class. Please ask for details about classes and move up points since there is a lot involved in this process.
- What is the USA BMX?
- The USA BMX is the sanctioning body for the tracks. The USA BMX sets the rules used at each USA BMX race. For more information on USA BMX go to: WWW.USABMX.NET
- Can I help out?
- YES!!! We welcome all help. The track is run by volunteers, ONLY and without volunteers, our track can not function. We are a non-profit group needing help. Please request a volunteer form and indicate what area(s) you are willing to help, i.e. maintenance, scorer, corner marshal (adults please), starters, stagers, fundraising, etc.